The Pharmacists Rehabilitation Organization, Inc. was Founded in 1984 by the
Ohio Pharmacists Association and the Ohio Society of Health-System Pharmacists,
with the help and understanding of the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy.
Our mission: 1) To educate and inform the profession of pharmacy concerning chemical
dependency as a treatable disease that affects from 10 - 15% of it’s members.
2) To help addicted pharmacists find recovery from their active disease.
The Pharmacists Rehabilitation Organization (P.R.O., Inc.) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit and volunteer peer assistance organization, that helps assess, refer to treatment and monitor pharmacists (and licensed pharmacy interns) with alcohol and/or drug dependencies. When deemed appropriate, P.R.O. Inc. may also advocate for the contracted client to a regulatory agency such as The Ohio State Board of Pharmacy.
ORGANIZATION’S BASIC BELIEFS:
• We recognizes that chemical dependency is a primary disease that is chronic, progressive
and potentially fatal and affects approximately 10 - 15% of all pharmacists.
• We regard chemical dependency as a treatable disease and recognizes the right of our
recovering colleague to return to the safe practice of Pharmacy when appropriate.
• Our primary purpose is to assess, refer to proper treatment and monitor our colleagues
impaired by the disease of chemical dependency.
• We will advocate for our clients when appropriate and will also help coordinate
interventions of potential clients.
Original P.R.O. Logo 1984